PDI-TOMO is a 3D tomography imaging tool that supplements the CHAMP output. It analyzes wave speeds (derived from arrival time data from the scans of all pairs of tubes) to yield a wave speed map of the entire shaft volume.
Since concrete strength is related to wave speed, this analysis is useful in cases where CHA-W analysis reveals a defect but does not give a precise idea of its extent.
The Geotechnical Engineering Circular Number 10 of the USA Federal Highway Administration states that Tomography “provides enhanced evaluation of potential defects” and is among techniques that, while requiring “specialized expertise for data interpretation”, “may be warranted for large structures where the detailed information enables a more cost-effective design or eliminates uncertainty that may otherwise lead to construction cost overruns.”
PDI-TOMO features latest generation full color graphics, intuitive commands, and may be customized to user’s needs. Features include selection of minimum acceptable wave speed or percentage of the nominal wave speed to match typical CSL evaluation criteria; automatic or manual critical section detection; user selectable number of horizontal slices; and a professional looking report.
PDI-TOMO runs on Windows 7 and higher, and requires a graphics card that will support OpenGL 3.3 or higher.
- 3D TOMOGRAPHY IMAGING TOOL THAT SUPPLEMENTS THE CHAMP OUTPUT
- SEAMLESS ONE-STEP OPERATION FROM CHA-W EXPORT
- EFFECTIVE AREA VS DEPTH PLOT FOR EASY EVALUATION OF CRITICAL SECTIONS
- ANALYZES WAVE SPEEDS TO YIELD A WAVE SPEED MAP OF THE ENTIRE SHAFT VOLUME
- SMART USER SELECTION OF “GOOD” OR “POOR” CONCRETE WAVE SPEEDS
- AUTOMATIC CRITICAL SLICE DETECTION
- Windows 7 or higher
- Graphics card supporting OpenGL 3.3 or higher