The SPT Analyzer measures the energy transferred into an instrumented SPT rod during a Standard Penetration Test (SPT). This permits the adjustment of the measured N-value to the normalized N60 for standard 60% energy transfer into the rods
in accordance with ASTM D4633. Compensating for widely variable efficiencies from different SPT rigs and hammer types improves the reliability of soil strength estimates used in geotechnical designs.
This instrument includes a subassembly of an SPT rod that is instrumented with two strain gage bridges and two piezoresistive accelerometers. These sensors obtain the force and velocity signals necessary for the calculation of transferred energy and transfer them to the SPT Analyzer.
The latest model of SPT Analyzer has a touch screen visible in all lighting conditions and responsive to gestures like pinch and zoom. Data analysis and reporting have been substantially updated for ease of use and faster output.
The SPT Analyzer is compliant with EN ISO 22476-3:2005. ASTM D1586 recommends normalizing results from any SPT test using energy measurements. When these tests are performed to determine the liquefaction potential of sands, D6066 not only recommends but mandates the normalization. ASTM D4633 states that the only acceptable method of determining energy for normalization of N values is by force and velocity measurements.
- DETERMINES ENERGY TRANSFERRED BY SPT HAMMERS USING FORCE AND VELOCITY MEASUREMENTS
- OFFERS SIMPLIFIED REPORTING AND ANALYSIS OPTIONS TO SPEED TESTING RESULTS
- SPT ANALYZER IS COMPLIANT WITH EN ISO 22476-3:2005
- DETERMINES N VALUE TO HELP IMPROVE RELIABILITY OF SOIL STRENGTH ESTIMATES
- OPERATES IN ENGLISH, SI, OR METRIC UNITS
- SMART SENSOR TECHNOLOGY
- Size: 320 X 250 X 68 mm (12.6 x 9.8 x 2.7 inches)
- Weight: 5 Kg (11 lbs)
- Temperature range: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104° F) operating; -20 to 65°C (-4 to 149° F) storage
- Display: 26.4cm (10.4”), sunlight readable, resolution 1024 X 768
- Built in capacitive touch screen
- Video Outputs: HDMI, VGA
- Power: 4 hour continuous data collection battery pack, 12 VDC car battery, or 100-240 VAC. Extra battery pack supplied.
- Charging time: 6 Hours max.
- Microsoft Windows® 7 Operating System
- 60 GB SSD internal drive
- Ethernet port
- 4 USB ports
- Analog signal conditioning filtering (frequency response) 5 KHZ (-3 dB)
- 16-bit A/D converter with sampling frequency of 10.24 MHz
- 4 channels with effective digitizing frequency of up to 100 KHz resulting in user selectable total sample time 82 to 205 milliseconds
- Basic unit accuracy 2%
- Built in calibration test function
- 4 channels of traditional (cabled) data acquisition, universal (strain or acceleration on any channel)
- Compatible with traditional (cabled) Smart Sensors
- Automatic balancing of signals and signal conditioning
- Digital (software) integration of acceleration
- Signal conditioning for force and acceleration have similar frequency response
- Internal calibration check of strain and acceleration
- Signal amplification capability
- Operates in English, SI, or Metric units
- Optional external USB keyboard, mouse, and WiFi (802.11b,g,n) available
- Includes both soft side carry-on luggage case and hard transit case
- Equipped for remote technical support using SiteLink
- Optional TeamViewer desktop sharing software license for use with SiteLink
- Furnished with license for PDA Software Suite (PDA-S, PDIPLOT2 and PDI Curves)
Full one year warranty